These are our favorite tools for building and growing an artist brand that we use and love. Check back often for updates!
Please note: some of the links on this page may earn affiliate income for TheEDMGuide.com. You can read our full disclosure here.
Tools To Build Your Audience
To build your audience of super-fans and professional network, you’ll want to build up the following resources:
- Active social media accounts
- A strong website
- An active email list
We offer a lot advice on our blog about which content is appropriate for each resource; here are the tools you’ll need to establish these resources.
A strong website is key for helping you to grow your artist brand, especially the when a promoter is looking to gather information about you and to find your contact information.
When you own your own domain (like CarlCox.com), you need a site host to store the files.
- Bluehost website hosting: Bluehost is affordable and has fantastic customer service
WordPress is the #1 website publishing platform. There are lots of free and paid templates available, and you have endless freedom to tweak your website.
- WordPress: Downloads for the WordPress installation, templates, and help
- ThemeForest: Drag-and-drop WordPress themes
- WooThemes: Stylish premium (and a few free) templates
Here are some other DIY website provider solutions, if WordPress isn’t right for you.
- SquareSpace: Mobile-optimized websites and hosting in one
Email Mailing List Tools
Email lists are a great tool for letting your favorite customers know about exciting new developments in your business.
- MailChimp: The broadcast email service provider that we use at TheEDMGuide
- MadMimi: A low-cost alternative with similar features
Social Media Tools
Scheduling Facebook, Twitter, and Other Social Posts
Scheduling posts in advance is a great way to keep your social media account active throughout the day, without needing to interrupt your producing.
Other Social Tools
These tools help you tailor your social content to better serve your audience.
- Mention: Get automatic updates whenever your artist name is mentioned anywhere on social media
- Tagboard: Follow hashtags
Tools to Help Run Your Business
Staying on top of a small business is hard—especially when you are away from your office all day. These are a few of our favorite tools for staying organized.
Keep your budgets, schedules, and checklists hosted in the cloud—that way you can access them from the road and share them with your promoters and team.
File Syncing Tools
- Dropbox: Sync files between all your computers, your mobile devices, and share with colleagues
- Box: A Dropbox alternative